3 Days Til Google Reader Dies & Other Updates
Sorry I haven’t been posting lately. I seriously spent most of my evenings this month trying to save all of my hundreds of saved and tagged items from Google Reader. It wasn’t until this past week that Feedly finally added tags and a browser version that I was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief that not all was lost! So yeah…if you are looking for a Google Reader alternative, Feedly is pretty decent. It will automatically port over all of your subscriptions too! Anyways…a little update on life…
1. If you’re wondering, I have still been cooking but not meal planning like before. I kind of have been cooking on the fly using up freezer and pantry ingredients. BUT I am itching to try some new recipes so I will be meal planning again and possibly posting mini reviews of the recipes I try.
2. No more updates on Emma. A few people have asked where are the updates on Emma! Well I decided I would stop doing that after she turned 1. But if you are wondering…she is just growing cuter and cuter every day! Well I am her momma so I’m biased. Her vocabulary had quite the explosion and she is saying lots of words now and seems to understand a lot of what we are saying. It’s so amazing to think of her back when she was just a blob! We are still waiting on her to walk though.
3. We saw Kina Grannis at her annual free concert. Kina is one of our favorite youtube artists. We are so lucky that her “hometown” is near us and that she plays a free concert there every year at a nice park. This is our 2nd time going but the first time with Emma. Emma loves people watching and we happened to sit by another 1 year old. It was so cute watching them “interact”! We also got to meet and greet Kina and she signed Emma’s tambourine!!!
4. I am on a crafting kick lately. So many people I know are pregnant or just had a baby so I’ve been trying to make something handmade to go along with a gift since baby gifts always end up being so generic or off of a registry. I would post my creations here but most of them are surprises!
5. After having not read a book in AGES, my coworker lent me her favorite book to read: Into Thin Air
I wasn’t sure if I would like it since the topic didn’t really interest me. I am not big on the outdoors or physical activity in general (lol!) but I was willing to give it a try. I was blown away! Such a page turner and eye opening read. I have such respect for mountaineering now and a newfound interest in Everest in general. No…I don’t want to climb it, but I would love to see it in person one day!
Posted: 27 June, 2013 in Personal.