Anyone out there anymore? I remember a time when I used to blog every single day. Now, I can barely find the time to make a post once a month! There are actually a billion other things I could or should be doing, but I thought I should carve out some time to update this here blog today, my 34th birthday. I didn’t do much this year for my birthday. 34 seems so boring, so unspecial, and SO old. But I’m grateful to be turning a year older…to have another year to spend with my family and friends. Life has been really great to me. It’s not perfect of course but sometimes it’s quite spectacular.
Parenthood has been challenging as always, but I think it’s definitely starting to get easier. Emma is no longer a baby. We are experiencing some terrible two behavior but the temper tantrums are over pretty quickly. Most importantly, Emma has started walking and being more independent! She is growing so fast that sometimes it makes me sad. But most of the time I am just in awe and amazement at how she changes and learns so much almost overnight! If you are wondering why I barely blog anymore it’s because I am really soaking up my time with Emma. People always tell me how fast these years go…I can already tell! I had no idea how fun being a parent can be. Especially at the age Emma is right now. She’s so curious and every experience is so new and exciting for her. We constantly are talking about things we want to take her to or do with her. I’m trying really hard not to spoil her…but man, she’s seriously the best thing ever!!
Ok, so before this post becomes an update on Emma…I wanted to catch up on my birthday goals from last year. Wow…so sad but I did not accomplish any of them!!!! I am not sad about it though, because I did make a lot of progress on them and I had so much fun with them that I know I will finish them eventually. Here’s a little status on my 3 little goals from last year:
1. Eat 101 salads. I ended up eating probably only half of these salads. I didn’t eat all of them but it did make me eat more salads than I normally would. And overall, I am eating a lot healthier. This list was really awesome because it made me eat some combinations that I never would have thought to do and all of the recipes are actually really easy and quick to prepare!
2. Start a Project Life book. I ended up making a Project Life album for Emma’s 1st year. I would say I’m about 70% done. I absolutely LOVE this method of scrapbooking! It really is easier than conventional scrapbooking at least to me. I am definitely going to finish this book and plan on continue documenting our lives using this method in the future.
3. Open an Etsy store. Ok, so I’m really close to doing this. I have a name and a few products! The glue is drying as we speak. I just need to take some photos of the products and then I will post it up. Can’t wait!!!
So now that I’m 34, and even though I still need to finish my goals from 33 (I promise I will!!!), I thought I would come up with new goals for this year.
1. Cook a lot of recipes from a Paleo cookbook (Well Fed). I’m not going to be so ambitious as to say I’m going to cook every recipe but I’d like to try the majority of the recipes from this cookbook as a way to get my feet wet with paleoism. You can read more about eating Paleo here. But just so you know, I can never be 100% paleo because I can never give up my cheese!
2. Sew a quilt. For some reason I’ve never been much of a quilt person or had much interest in sewing a quilt. It looks so overwhelming and hard. But I saw some recently that were so beautiful and it inspired me to sew a quilt for Emma. Something that can be passed down from generation to generation. Hopefully, I can make one that’s worthy of being passed down!
3. Go on more dates with boyrobot. I really want to make more one on one time with boyrobot. It’s so hard when you have kids but my friend Cheryl goes on movie dates with her husband at lunch time and I think we can totally do that!! (We work at the same company). So yes, date night with the hubby at least once a month!
3. Get pregnant. No we are not trying yet…but we would like to be pregnant sometime this coming year. I’m really not looking forward to being pregnant again. It was probably the worst time of my life. In fact, if I get pregnant I can pretty much throw all of these goals out the window since I usually become so tired and unmotivated I can’t get anything done for 9 months! Oh well, I am hoping this time since I know what I will be getting at the end of the 9 months it won’t be so bad??? I can only hope! But yes, I think Emma needs a little brother or sister. We have loved becoming parents and can’t wait to make our family bigger. A part of me is also scared…I have no idea how to balance having 2 kids but people do it right??? :)
So yeah…this year is going to be interesting!