2.5 Month Update On Emma
I should really be keeping track of Emma’s milestones more…she’s growing up so fast! I am both anxious to get the baby stage over but also sad. She is so fun to cuddle with right now and I know I will miss it but I really miss being able to go out too! So just a quick little update on Miss Emma:
– started smiling…and it’s seriously one of the coolest feelings ever when you can make your kid smile for the first time!
– recognizes me!! for the longest time I felt like she didn’t really know who I was but one day I was gone for 8+ hrs and when I came back she was super happy to see me. it was like she missed me! I literally melted that day.
– neck control is getting better. I notice when I hold her upright she can hold her head up longer and longer. I can’t wait for her to be able to sit.
– is able to move/slide on her back. one day i left her on the playmat on the floor and the next minute she had pushed herself off of the playmat using just her feet!!
– baby acne is gone…cradle cap is almost gone! for a few weeks there she had the WORST baby acne ever!! I felt so bad for her but it went away pretty quickly on it’s own. for the cradle cap we ended up buying some Mustela shampoo and so far it’s been helping a lot. Her hair has been growing like crazy…I think we need to figure out how we’re going to style her ‘do soon!
– chunking up! At her 2 month appointment she weighed 9 lbs and 13 oz and was 21 inches long. Even though she is considered small for her age, she has gained the normal amount for her birth weight (5 lbs 13 oz)…she almost doubled her weight! So to me she seems so big already hehe! My arms and wrists get sore from carrying her a lot.
– sleep. for the most part her sleeping is very good. we did have a few nights where she woke up constantly but usually she sleeps in 3-5 hour chunks. i finally learned the art of putting her down half awake/sleepy so it’s easier at bedtime.
– she is so much more awake, smiley, and just happy during the day. she is a total morning girl and i love playing with her when she first wakes up!
– right now she is not into any toys but we just got her a bouncer that she loves and she loves looking at mirrors
– she likes to chew on her hands a lot and I just introduced sophie the giraffe to her. she seems to like to chew the giraffe but because she can’t hold it herself we haven’t used it much
– after a few weeks of not giving her the bottle she totally forgot so we have been spending the last week retraining her. it was torturous!!!
– she had a few bad hours after getting her vaccinations. we had to give her tylenol but after that she pretty much just slept and was normal after that.
and now for some pictures!!!
Posted: 20 July, 2012 in Misc.