How To Hide Your Money From A Burglar
pfadvice has posted an interesting article about where to hide your money from a burglar. How did he find out the answer to this? From a former burglar!
What I got from the article:
- Best place to hide your valuables is AT THE BANK!
- Don’t hide your money too hard or your house will get trashed. If a burglar is intent on finding money, he will go to great lengths to get it. Suggestions were to leave a little bit of money around or to leave a marked envelope in an easily accessible drawer with â€œBank Safe Deposit Boxâ€ on the outside and a list of items on the inside to tip off the burglar that you keep your valuables at the bank.
- If you have a safe, make sure it is the bolted down variety.
- A good place to hide money is in toys in a children’s room, bottom of a trashcan, or in a box of laundry detergent.
- Don’t hide money in electronics (duh!) or in weird places that seem out of the ordinary. His example was a campbell soup can in your bedroom. The object is out of place and draws attention to burglars.
Posted: 5 February, 2007 in Tips/Tricks/Hacks.